OFFICE OF VOCATION MINISTRY
“The harvest is abundant…” (Matthew 9:37)
The District of San Francisco New Orleans, in conjunction with the Lasallian Region of North America, conducts programs and activities designed to provide information, support, and accompaniment for their own growing sense of vocation in the Church and ask them to consider for themselves their vocation or calling, including the vocation to the Brothers and other forms of religious life.
- Foster a culture of vocations and accompaniment at the District and local levels.
- Ongoing communication with ministries and Brother communities.
- Provide resources and opportunities for vocation ministry, including but not limited to Lasallian formation, developing structures of accompaniment, and public relations.
- Innovative approach to vocation ministry by developing use of technology, social media presence, and reaching out to those “outside” the Lasallian family.
- Further growth and understanding of Culture of Vocations and Accompaniment.
- Increase visibility and promotion of the vocation of the DLS Christian Brother.
- Increase opportunities for discernment of Lasallian vocation, especially the Brother vocation, that involves integration of faith, service, and community experiences.
- Greater collaboration with and among local ministries, the Region, and wider Church.